Senior Software Engineer, Back end
At Peaxy, we’re disrupting industries by bringing advanced analytics to unstructured data in the enterprise. Our solutions include configuration automation, smart maintenance, and digital twins of industrial assets. Join our team to develop these pioneering applications, so that our enterprise customers can better manage their data and models to generate insights that improve efficiency and lower costs.
Peaxy is a Silicon Valley startup based in San Jose, California, founded in 2012. We are looking for experienced Java application developers with competence in database design and GraphQL. You will be an integral part of the core team, where every contribution you make is meaningful and important. You’ll also have the technical support and guidance of the wider Peaxy family working at the forefront of data analytics.
- Develop the core backend applications that categorize and parameterize data sets for industrial assets, store and visualize real-time telemetry, and perform anomaly detection.
- Develop and maintain code for our solutions as part of a larger effort that requires collaborative engagement with other Peaxy teams and customers, working across time zones, using Agile processes.
- Explore new software libraries and platforms within blockchain, machine learning, IoT and even quantum computing, with a view to building innovative data analytics solutions.
- Build something that is the first of its kind, at the forefront of data analytics, as part of a team of passionate and skilled people using state-of-the-art tools.
- Strong Java experience is required. Experience in Spring Boot is a plus.
- Ability to define efficient and scalable database schemas.
- Experience implementing GraphQL APIs in Java is highly desired.
- Experience working with cloud application platforms such as AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud.
- Good debugging skills to quickly isolate the cause of an issue and come up with a viable solution.
- Ability to provide a reasonably accurate estimate of task assignments.
- Desire to understand the end-customer’s technology and business problem to ensure Peaxy software solutions provide quantitative and qualitative value to them.
- Social skills: You’re a team player, creative and solution-oriented, able to give and take constructive feedback.
- Comfortable with a start-up approach to development, where sometimes a project will pivot, the scope will be amended, or your role will change.
Ready to apply? We’re looking forward to meeting you.
Please email us your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org