Software Engineer, Front end
At Peaxy, we’re disrupting industries by bringing advanced analytics to unstructured data in the enterprise. Our solutions include configuration automation, smart maintenance, and digital twins of industrial assets. Join our team to develop these pioneering applications, so that our enterprise customers can better manage their data and models to generate insights that improve efficiency and lower costs.
Peaxy is a Silicon Valley startup based in San Jose, California. We are looking for an experienced front-end developer with competence in data visualization and back-end frameworks. You will be an integral part of the core team, where every contribution you make is meaningful and important. You’ll also have the technical support and guidance of the wider Peaxy family with 20+ employees working at the forefront of data analytics.
- Be a proactive member of a lean rapid prototyping team based in San Jose working with front-end UX/UI, APIs and back end development.
- Develop and maintain code for our solutions as part of a larger effort that requires collaborative engagement with other Peaxy teams and customers, working across time zones, using Agile processes.
- Rapidly build proof-of-concept prototypes on short notice, for consultative sales presentations.
- Explore new software libraries and platforms within blockchain, machine learning, IoT and even quantum computing, with a view to building innovative data analytics solutions.
- Occasionally, may need to travel to meet with customers.
- Full-stack developer with experience developing both front-end and back-end solutions.
- Familiarity with Java and Python is a plus.
- Experience designing APIs is a bonus.
- Experience developing on frameworks such as Spring Boot, Ruby on Rails and Node.js is a bonus.
- Good debugging skills to quickly isolate the cause of an issue and come up with a viable solution.
- Ability to provide a reasonably accurate estimate of task assignments.
- Ability to quickly learn new programming languages.
- Desire to understand the end-customer’s technology and business problem to ensure Peaxy software solutions provide quantitative and qualitative value to them.
- Social skills: You’re a team player, creative and solution-oriented, able to give and take constructive feedback.
- Comfortable with a start-up approach to development, where sometimes a project will pivot, the scope will be amended, or your role will change.
- Fluency in English.
- U.S. Citizen.
Ready to apply? We’re looking forward to meeting you.
Please email us your resume at email@example.com