As the year comes to an end, we want to take this opportunity to thank you for your continued interest in Battery Smarts and Peaxy. You are the reason why we do what we do: to help companies in the battery value chain connect their data to increase safety, performance and value.
We hope your year was highlighted by new opportunities. While the year wasn’t without challenges, there were some highlights that we wanted to share:
- We raised $12.1M in our Series B2 round of funding, which will help us scale our products, services and resources to meet the growing demand for predictive analytics in the battery industry.
- We expanded our technical and commercial teams in the US and Europe with talented and passionate professionals who share our mission to bring next-generation battery analytics to market. This included our new Chief Commercial Officer.
- We increased the number of customer partnerships in the battery industry to help them improve asset quality and safety, minimize downtimes, and speed up R&D and manufacturing cycles. We also strengthened our partnership with the DoD.
- We launched EcoGrid, a comprehensive hardware/software solution to improve the reliability and value of renewable energy communities and microgrids.
- We attended and presented at a variety of industry conferences and events, including The eVTOL Show, the NATO Symposium, RE+, and The Future of EVs in Los Angeles.
The Battery Smarts newsletter covered a variety of topics, from the battery value chain to battery design and manufacturing and battery monitoring to better understand degradation. We also touched on battery safety, warranties and AI. Of the issues we published this year, the following were the top five most read:
- Issue #31: The circular battery value chain, and how battery analytics can help
- Issue #25: How to ensure you’re manufacturing batteries to spec
- Issue #33: Battery Energy Storage Safety Hazards and How Battery Analytics Can Help
- Issue #29: Grid-scale BESS Warranties, Battery Insurance and the Critical Role of Battery Data
- Issue #30: Understanding battery degradation and EOL in energy storage systems using battery analytics
We’re all excited about the opportunities and challenges ahead, as I’m sure you are. We wish you and your loved ones a happy and healthy holiday season, and a prosperous new year!